Hamilton/Wenham Girls’ Youth Lacrosse Information
HWGYL offers organized lacrosse for girls from Hamilton, Wenham and nearby communities. The lacrosse season typically starts indoors in March and ends in mid-June. HWYGL is affiliated with the Mass Bay Girls Lacrosse League (MBGLL) and US Lacrosse.
Registration is open for all girls age groups from 11/27/17 - 1/15/18
MBGLL assigns teams based on school grade. For more information see the MBGLL Q & A
HWYGL programs include:
U9 (Grade 2) - a travel team pending registration numbers
U11 (Grades 3 & 4) – a travel team
U13 (Grades 5 & 6) – a travel team
U15 (Grades 7 & 8) – a travel team
ALL PLAYERS must register by January 15th. After that date, players may be waitlisted based on space availability and team assignments.
1. A non-refundable fee of $140 is required for participation in U11, U13, U15 programs.
1a. A non-refundable fee of $90 is required for participation in U9 program.
This fee includes:
- a $10 payment to HW Recreation for use of fields
- a $10 payment to Hamilton Community Preservation Committee to underwrite the purchase of Donovan Field
2. Registration is required on or before January 15, 2018 to ensure participation in the 2018 program. We will do our best to accommodate late registrations, however, you will not be guaranteed a spot on a tea,
3. No child will be denied participation for financial reasons. Please email Allison (email@example.com) for more information.
4. All players must join or renew membership with US Lacrosse. The fee is $30. The HW website will prompt you to update or purchase your players membership.
All players must own their own uniform. You must buy the initial uniform but do not need to purchase a new one if the current uniform still fits. DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. Uniforms will be ordered late winter and will be available in the Spring of 2018, before the season starts. A separate email will be sent out with the form.
Your child will need:
• goggles from US Lacrosse approved eyewear list
• a colored mouth guard (extras are good)
• a uniform (purchased late winter)
• cleats are recommended, but not required
• a girls lacrosse stick
Log into your account or create a new account on hwlax.org
Select Registration from Home menu or left navigation menu
Scroll down and select the program
NOTE: You will NOT be able to see the Registration menu if you are not first logged ino your account on hwlax.org
Equipment can be purchased at Lacrosse Unlimited in Danvers, Modell’s in Beverly, COMLAX in Danvers, or Dick’s Sporting Goods.
Call or email Allison Collins (978-435-1247) or
For Kindergarten through 2nd grade: SCOOP Lacrosse
SCOOP lacrosse is a developmental lacrosse program for kindergarten through 2nd grade girls that teaches the fundamentals of lacrosse in a fun and positive environment. 5 Saturday morning practices in April through June.
Contact: Julie Smail with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-771-2894