Hamilton/Wenham Girls’ Youth Lacrosse Information
HWGYL offers organized lacrosse for girls from Hamilton, Wenham and nearby communities. The lacrosse season typically starts in late March and ends in mid-June. HWYGL is affiliated with the Mass Bay Girls Lacrosse League (MBGLL) and US Lacrosse.
2017 Spring Lacrosse Registration Dates:
Current Registration Status:
U11 (Grades 3 & 4) registration opens on 11/8/16
U13 (Grades 5 & 6) registration opens on 11/8/16
U15 (Grades 7 & 8) registration opens on 11/8/16
MBGLL assigns teams based on school grade. For more information see the MBGLL website (www.mbgll.org).
HWYGL programs offered for girls include:
U11 (Grades 3 & 4) – a travel team
U13 (Grades 5 & 6) – a travel team
U15 (Grades 7 & 8) – a travel team
ALL PLAYERS must register by December 20th. After that date, players may be waitlisted based on space availability and team assignments.
1. A non-refundable fee of $140 is required for participation in all programs. This fee includes:
- a $10 payment to HW Recreation for use of fields
- a $10 payment to Hamilton Community Preservation Committee to underwrite the purchase of Donovan Field
2. Registration is required on or before December 20th, 2016 to ensure participation in the 2017 program. We will do our best to accommodate late registrations, however, if you register after December 20th, 2016 a $25 late fee will apply.
3. No child will be denied participation for financial reasons. If you desire to apply for a scholarship, please click here for more information.
4. All players must join or renew membership with US Lacrosse. The fee is $30. The HW website will prompt you to update or purchase your players membership.
All players must own their own uniform. You must buy the initial uniform but do not need to purchase a new one if the current uniform still fits. Uniforms will be ordered late winter and will be available in the Spring of 2017, before the season starts. DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. A separate email will be sent out in February.
Your child will need:
• cage style goggles
• a colored mouth guard (extras are good)
• a uniform (purchased late winter)
• cleats are recommended, but not required
• a girls lacrosse stick
Equipment can be purchased at Modell’s in Beverly, COMLAX in Danvers, or Dick’s Sporting Goods or Sports Authority in Peabody.
Call or email Amy Waterman (617)763-6998 or
For Kindergarten through 2nd grade: SCOOP Lacrosse
SCOOP lacrosse is a developmental lacrosse program for kindergarten through 2nd grade girls that teaches the fundamentals of lacrosse in a fun and positive environment. Saturdays April 29-June 2, 8:30-9:30 am, Donovan Field.
Contact: Julie Smail with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-771-2894